- FREE (Hotel Included) WM 2016 Conference and American Nuclear Society Teacher Workshop
- SARSEF Information Video
- Just In Time for A Tax Deductible Contribution!
- Giving Tuesday – Dec. 1st
- NEW! Grades 6-12: Five, $500 Prizes for Research Papers Related to Water and Energy Issues!
Welcome to SARSEF
SARSEF is Coming!
Project registration is open! Click the button below to begin registration:
SARSEF 2016 Fair Week is March 2nd – 5th:
- Registration Deadline – Thursday, Feb. 25, 2016, noon
- Project Check-in – Wednesday March 2, noon – 8 p.m.
- Judging Day – Thursday, March 3.
- Judges arrive at 7:30 a.m.
- Middle School student interviews, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- High School student interviews, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Field Trip Day – Friday, March 4, all day
- Winners’ List will be posted online after 10:00 a.m. March 4th on this site.
- Future Innovator’s Night – Friday, March 4, 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- Elementary Awards Ceremony – Saturday March 5, 1:00 p.m.
- Middle and High School Awards Ceremony – Saturday March 5, 7:00 p.m.
- Project Pick-up – Saturday March 5, 8:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
What Should My Board Look Like? At this time of year, SARSEF is often asked, “What should my project board look like?” Each student’s display board will differ, depending on their individual project. Thanks to Tucson Country Day School teacher, Jennifer Maxwell, we have a sample of two winning designs: one for science projects and one for engineering design projects. We appreciate her generosity in sharing these samples to use as a guide! Click the links, below:
SARSEF Takes Top Prize at Social Venture Partner’s “Fast Pitch”
Liz Baker Presents Winning Pitch for STEM Educational Outreach
SARSEF was awarded two of the top, cash prizes at Social Venture Partner’s first, “Fast Pitch”. SARSEF Director of Research, Liz Baker, presented the winning pitch, garnering two of the top five awards. Baker’s pitch was for increased Educational Outreach for underrepresented K-12 students in Southern Arizona. Baker stated more students will be impacted by the free, in-class presentations in STEM through hands-on research, professional development to teachers on integrating standards, and science nights guiding parents on how to help their children find a passion for science.
SARSEF Invites You to Become a Member
The SARSEF Board of Directors would like to invite you to become a part of one of the oldest science and engineering communities in Arizona. Established in 1955, SARSEF is a leader in science and engineering research – teaching and encouraging 75,000 future leaders each year. Now, for the first time, you can join us as an annual member of SARSEF. Click the button above to find out more!
Fun Facts About SARSEF 2015
Want to know more? Click here for some interesting facts about SARSEF: https://sarsef.org/?p=5358
Take the 2016 SARSEF Community Challenge: Choose a Science Project That Helps Our Community
This challenge was such as success last year, we had to do it again! Choose a project that explores a solution to a problem in your home, school or communitySARSEF will be awarding additional prizes for projects that address a challenge faced by our community. . We can all help make the future AMAZING! Please read the SARSEF sections under the Student icons above or the FAQ section to find out more and then if you still have questions, please contact us.