Submit Your Research to the Intel Science Talent Search!
Your science, engineering, or math research may be eligible for the Intel Science Talent Search (Intel STS), a competition for high school seniors, with awards totaling more than $1.6 million.
You are eligible if…
- √ You have completed individual, independent science, engineering, or math research (team research is not eligible).
- √ You are attending school in the US (some US citizens living abroad are also eligible).
- √ You will be completing your last year of secondary school in November 2015 when the application is due.
- √ If applicable, your project involving humans or animals falls within the rules and has appropriate prior approvals.
The application for Intel STS 2016 will open in May 2015. You’ll need to submit:
- A Scientific Research Report
- Essay Questions
- Transcripts and Test Scores
- Recommendations (submitted by adultsin a special online system)
Important features of Intel STS:
- There are no limitations to the number of students who can enter or win due to their geographic location.
- There are no cut-offs for test scores, GPA, or any other measures.
- All entrants earn a digital badge and an Intel STS t-shirt to recognize their dedication to science research.
- Any number of students can earn Research Report and Student Initiative digital badges to recognize their skills.
- Three hundred students are chosen as semifinalists and earn $1,000 each for themselves and their schools.
- Forty finalists from around the country earn $7,500 and an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, DC to compete for top awards of up to $150,000.