DETECTING RADIATION IN OUR RADIOACTIVE WORLD
To whom it may concern,
On behalf of WM Symposia, we would like to extend an invitation you as a teacher from your district, to attend the WM2016 Conference and the ANS (American Nuclear Society) Teacher’s Workshop on Sunday, March 6, 2016 located at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Both the ANS workshop and WM2016 attendance would be complimentary for you as a teacher. We would also include: hotel accommodations, travel reimbursement and parking.
The annual Waste Management Symposia (WMS) Conference is widely regarded as the premier international conference for the management of radioactive material and related topics. WMS is a non-profit organization dedicated to education and opportunity in waste management.
- Arrive in Phoenix on Saturday, March 5 through – Wednesday, March 9 (or Tuesday evening)
- Mandatory attendance at:
- Sunday: ANS workshop 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Monday: Plenary Session, luncheon, afternoon judging of the student poster session
- Tuesday: Awards luncheon
- FULL DAY of Hands-on Professional Development.
- Earn eight (8) contact hours of training.
- Take home a Geiger counter (CD-V 700) and home radon kit upon completion of workshop.
- Receive a comprehensive teacher resource guide with activities, demonstrations, and visual aides.
- Meet and talk with professionals in nuclear science and technology.
Please contact Danielle Adams, Senior Conference Planner for WM Symposia 2016, at Danielle@wmarizona.org to advise of your attendance to ANS/WMS, book your hotel accommodations, and confirm your travel arrangements.
For more information about WM2016 please visit our website at www.wmsym.org. We hope to see your school there!
Senior Conference Planner WM Symposia
E: email@example.com T: (480) 557-0263
Or come for the workshop!
Join ANS for an exploration of nuclear science and technology.
Our knowledgeable nuclear professionals will work right alongside you, providing guidance and inspiration as you explore classroom-ready experiments and activities that align with the current science standards (CCSS and NGSS). You’ll leave the workshop ready to engage your students about learning nuclear science.
Phoenix Convention Center
7:30 a.m. Registrant Check-in & Continental Breakfast
8:00 a.m. Workshop Sessions Begin (Lunch and breaks included in schedule)
- Background Information about Radiation, Sources, etc.
- Detecting Radiation – Using the Geiger Counter
- Activities for the Classroom
- Nuclear Science and Technology Applications
- Uranium fuel cycle (including mining)
- Risk Management
- Radioactive Waste & Transportation Issues
- Future of Nuclear5:00 p.m. Workshop Ends
Early Bird Registration (02/05) : $95.00! General Registration (02/06 – 02/26): $149.00 Final deadline for registration, Friday, February 26 SPACE IS LIMITED: Pre-registration is required.
Senior Conference Planner
T: (480) 557-0263