We know you don’t want to miss a thing as you help your students get ready for the four-day SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair.
Below are important dates for registration, SARSEF attendance.
January 15, 2018, NOON
Online registration opens
- Online Registration for the SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair is only available online. Here is a sample registration form that may help you gather all the information you will need ahead of time
- Sample Registration for SARSEF
- Submit $10 per project either online, or mail a check with your school’s name on it in the Note section (which must be received by April 10) to: SARSEF Office / 4574 E. Broadway Blvd. / Tucson AZ 85711
April 1, 2018, Sunday
Online registration closes
- IMPORTANT: You must enter all project and student information online by noon. The system will be closed to any further registrations after this time.
- Sorry, no purchase orders can be accepted. If you require an invoice, please email a request in advance of the deadline.
April 4, 2018, Wednesday
Download and print Check-in Forms
- FAST Check-in forms will be available – Wednesday, April 4th, on-line
- Send forms home with students so that parents can review spelling and typos can be corrected
- Bringing the Check-In Form with you will speed up the registration process at the Tucson Convention Center. However, if a project was registered, participants may still come to the TCC even without this form.
April 10, 2018, Tuesday
Payment for registration due ($10 per project)
- Schools/parents must ensure that their payment for all projects is received at the SARSEF Office by this date.
- Payment may be made online.
- Purchase orders are not accepted.
April 11, 2018, Wednesday
Project set-up day
- Noon-8 p.m.: Take your completed Check-In Form, project boards and all notebooks to the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave.
- If you did not receive a Check-in Form, you should still go to the TCC to register at the HUB. You may need to wait while we print out your form.
April 12, 2018, Thursday
Only students and judges will be allowed in the Tucson Convention Center Exhibition Hall. No visitors, adults or members of the public will be admitted on the Exhibition Hall floor.
Times are subject to change- check back soon!
- 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: Judging for middle school (Grades 6-8) research projects. Middle school students are strongly encouraged to attend the interview sessions. (Note: While interviews are optional for consideration for all other awards, eighth-grade students hoping to be considered for the ISEF 8th Grade Observer Award must be present during the interviews. This is the highly coveted prize which enables three students and parents to travel to the Intel International Science Engineering Fair .)
- 12-3 p.m.: Judging for high school (Grades 9-12) research projects. High school students must be present during the interview session. (Students may want to practice their interviewing skills, since this is important for being selected for the ISEF Finalist Award, which enables students to participate in the Intel International Science Engineering Fair — and to compete for competitive scholarships, tuition grants, internships and scientific field trips.)
April 13, 2018, Friday
Public Viewing and Cox Communications Future Innovators Night – Open House, Everyone Invited!
- After 10 a.m.: IMPORTANT: Check this website to learn if you (or your research team) have been invited to attend the Saturday awards ceremonies.
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m.: The fair is open to the general public. Entry and parking at the Tucson Convention Center are free of charge for the fair until 2pm.
- 5:30-8 p.m.: “Future Innovators Night” Open House. Families and all students (whether they advanced to SARSEF competition or not) are welcome to join in. Local science organizations will celebrate science with hands-on demonstrations and fun events. Entry is free of charge.
- 8 p.m.-9 p.m.: Projects may be picked up
April 14, 2018, Saturday
NEW AWARDS TIME and Project Removal
- 8 a.m.-9 p.m.: Project Pick-up – IMPORTANT – all projects must be picked up on this day or SARSEF is fined
- 12:30 p.m.: Elementary School Awards Ceremony (Grades Kindergarten-5) at the TCC
- 6:00 p.m.: Middle School Awards Ceremony (Grades 6-8) and High School Awards Ceremony (Grades 9-12) at the TCC
Save The Dates!
SARSEF Fair 2019: March 6-9, 2019
SARSEF Fair 2020: March 11-14, 2020