Marketing Specialist – Americorps
Reports to: User Experience Strategist
Status: Part-Time, Americorps
20-25 hours per week; 900 hours total
October 2021 – August 2022
Organizational Purpose and Background
SARSEF’s mission is creating Arizona’s future critical thinkers and problem solvers through science and engineering. SARSEF focuses on engaging student populations underrepresented in the fields of STEM, prioritizing creating opportunity in schools in areas of poverty defined by Title I designations. The AmeriCorps member will advance SARSEF’s mission by crafting and delivering thoughtful, relevant, compelling digital communication pieces. This position will report to the User Experience Strategist.
Project Focus Areas and Activities
Social Media Planning: Assist in creating, maintaining and implementing a marketing calendar.
Content Creation: Create engaging social media posts and campaigns.
Targeted Outreach: Build e-blasts that highlight important messages to SARSEF stakeholders.
Campaign Management: Run the day-to-day marketing for End of Year Giving, Volunteer/Judge recruitment, and Arizona Gives Day campaigns
Requirements and Benefits
While some campaigns will require the AmeriCorps member to work specific hours, there are no schedule requirements in typical workweeks.
Education, Skills and Abilities
- 17 years or older, no upper age limit. All ages are welcome and encouraged to apply
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet-based communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting in a consistent, energetic, positive manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage and track key program metrics and data
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a variety of situations
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with diverse community members
- Friendly and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak and write Spanish a plus
- GED or High School diploma required; additional education a plus
- Access to reliable transportation, a legal drivers license, and/or a fast and reliable internet connection
AmeriCorps State Member Benefits
- Living Allowance – $8,471 for year of service
- Segal Education Award – $3,100 upon successful completion of service hours
- Certificate in Civic Leadership and Service through Prescott College
- Team support and coaching
Arizona Serve is committed to implementing inclusive practices in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Those who have marginalized identities, whether or not those identities provide protected status, are encouraged to apply.
Prescott College is a proud participant in the Employers of National Service initiative. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.