Sign up for our Newsletter
- Volunteer or Judge at the 2020 SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair
- Project Registration is now open for the 2020 Fair
- SARSEF in the Schools – Fall 2019 Highlights
- 1,000 Students Explore Endless Possibilities in Science and Engineering at Arizona STEM Adventure
- SARSEF Awarded Bayer Fund Grant
Find a Project
SARSEF Fair Winners 2019
Careers at SARSEF: Open Positions
Come be a part of the team that is creating the next generation of critical thinkers and problem solvers through science and engineering!
Job Title: Volunteer and Events Manager
Reports To: COO
Status: Full Time, Exempt
With SARSEF, every Arizona student has the potential to be a scientist or engineer solving problems big and small. We create opportunity for students to think critically and solve problems through science and engineering, but we couldn’t do it without our signature events or the volunteers who make it possible.
As SARSEF’s Volunteer and Events Manager, you will plan, run day-of operations for, and evaluate our major events as well as build, grow and manage the more robust volunteer program we need in order to keep up with the growth of our organization.
In both the event and volunteer aspects of the role, you will lead well-established projects and build new ones. Some travel and work outside business hours is required.
Events include the SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair (SARSEF’s largest event), Arizona STEM Adventure, Racing the Sun Race Day, ACES Camp, and quarterly donor events.
We are looking for detail-oriented, organized applicants with initiative who enjoy working with new people from young students to retirees and sharing a passion for our mission with SARSEF stakeholders. Experience in event planning is required. Experience in volunteer management, project management, communications, and data evaluation is preferred.
- Event Management
- Creating and implementing event plans
- Serve as key contact for SARSEF events, especially the Fair
- Drafting event budgets
- Working with event partners to ensure success
- Updating SARSEF staff and board
- Negotiating with vendors
- Handling event logistics
- Developing feedback surveys
- Providing event statistics and feedback for annual report
- Volunteer Management
- Build a volunteer management system
- Match volunteer interests with program needs
- Create volunteer orientation/training plan and implement it
- Work closely with SARSEF staff to understand volunteer needs
- Recruit volunteers
- Manage volunteer questions and answer volunteer emails
- Craft volunteer communications and recognitions
- Manage volunteer scheduling
- Evaluate volunteer experience and collect data for annual report
- Identify key community events for volunteers to staff to increase awareness of SARSEF
The starting salary of this position is $45,000- 50,000 with the opportunity to earn up to $60,000 through tenure and performance. Position includes group health insurance, generous paid time off, and paid holidays.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. Apply before noon on January 13th, 2020 to ensure consideration.
It is our policy to prohibit any employment practice influenced or affected by an employee’s race, color, ancestry, ethnicity, religion/creed, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Not seeing the role you’re looking for? Please check back and volunteer with us in the meantime!
SARSEF: Every Child. Thinking Critically. Solving Problems.