Sign up for our Newsletter
- SARSEF Fair, a Tucson Tradition in Science Education, Turns 65
- Volunteer or Judge at the 2020 SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair
- Project Registration is now open for the 2020 Fair
- SARSEF in the Schools – Fall 2019 Highlights
- 1,000 Students Explore Endless Possibilities in Science and Engineering at Arizona STEM Adventure
Find a Project
SARSEF Fair Winners 2019
What is Critical Thinking and Problem Solving?
SARSEF teaches a universal practice (or process) of using data to make decisions and evidence to form conclusions as they answer questions about problems that are of concern.
We know that once a child learns how to think critically, it becomes a way of life that carries forward into any situation, and any career. It means SARSEF is no longer focuses on the ever-changing, and highly specific STEM skills, but instead teaches children “how to think”.
In this way, our community will have a future citizenry that has learned how to learn, makes sound data-based decisions, can solve problems that arise, and is constantly updating their knowledge base. They form the ideal workforce for tomorrow.
Want to Learn More? https://sarsef.org/home/critical-thinking-problem-solving/learn/