Sign up for our Newsletter
- Volunteer or Judge at the 2020 SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair
- Project Registration is now open for the 2020 Fair
- SARSEF in the Schools – Fall 2019 Highlights
- 1,000 Students Explore Endless Possibilities in Science and Engineering at Arizona STEM Adventure
- SARSEF Awarded Bayer Fund Grant
Find a Project
SARSEF Fair Winners 2019
Qualifications and Training
High school judges should be professionals in their fields (at least three to five years experience preferred) and/or be in the process of obtaining or hold advanced (master’s or doctoral) degrees.
Middle school judges should hold a bachelor’s degree, and have some experience in their field, or teach in the selected area.
Elementary school judges must have a high school education, with some experience with the age level selected, and/or interest in the field selected.
For judges who are also teachers: We request that you judge a grade level other than the one you teach.
Choosing a Category
Judges should select up to three categories they feel comfortable and competent to judge at their selected grade level. We will attempt to match you up with one of your top choices. Categories and grade levels are listed in the Sign-up Section.
See Type of Judge section for a list of choices at all levels, or go to the Sign-up Page and choose the grade levels you prefer to see, with specific choices.