As our 67th annual SARSEF Regional Science and Engineering Fair approaches, we hope you will consider encouraging and rewarding students for their science and engineering by judging at the SARSEF Fair during the week of February 28, 2022.
Highlights for the 67th annual SARSEF Fair Week
- Similar to 2021, all judging will take place virtually on the SARSEF Fair platform as well as on Zoom.
- You will be asked to attend one of our judge training sessions before the fair to ensure you have the information you need to be comfortable and confident during Fair Week. You will be sent a link with information on how to sign up for a session once you are registered as a judge.
- Starting Saturday, February 26, you will be able to review projects online at your convenience.
- Judging team caucuses and student interviews will occur all in one day depending on the grade level and/or category.
- Judges have the flexibility to serve on more than one team if they are interested in judging on multiple days.
- Though judging will occur virtually, we do have some in-person events for Fair Week 2022. Each evening, there will be a judges’ Happy Hour at a specific location in Tucson. We encourage you to come mingle with your Judging Team to celebrate students conducting research!
- The ultimate celebration will occur on Saturday, March 5th, when we invite students, teachers, families, judges, and community members to come together for a Community STEM Festival and Awards Ceremonies at the Georges DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center at Reid Park in Tucson, AZ.
Judging Schedule for 2022 SARSEF Fair Week
- Monday, February 28, 2022 – Elementary School Judging and Interviews
- Tuesday, March 1, 2022 – Middle School Judging and Interviews
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022 – High School Judging and Interviews (1/2 of the categories)
- Thursday, March 3, 2022 – High School Judging and Interviews (remaining categories)
Qualifications for judging varies by grade level.