(Tucson, Arizona) On Saturday, March 11, 2023, SARSEF will host its 68th Annual SARSEF Regional Science and Engineering Fair Award Ceremonies and Community STEM Expo. Over 6,500 students (PreK-12th grade) will compete at the SARSEF Regional Science and Engineering Fair and will be awarded over $100,000 in scholarships, prizes and awards. The top high school students will move on to international levels of competition.
The event will take place at Georges DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center in Reid Park from 10am-5:30pm.
In conjunction with the Awards Ceremonies, we will also host a Community STEM Expo filled with fun STEM activities, where kids will engage in hands-on science, have the opportunity to mingle with professional scientists and engineers, and celebrate the research conducted by thousands of Arizona students this school year, speech by keynote speaker and award distribution ceremony.
“If you want to feel hopeful about the future, this is your event! With SARSEF, students don’t have to wait to become scientists or engineers,” Julie Euber, CEO of SARSEF, shared. “With curiosity as their guide, they can start asking questions they care about and use science and engineering to find solutions that are meaningful to them, and even, the world. Being witness to their enthusiasm, dedication, and innovation can be truly awe-inspiring.”
Event Date: Saturday, March 11, 2023
Event Time: 10am-5:30pm
Event Location: Georges DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center in Reid Park
What You Can Expect
- Dozens of hands-on STEM activities from exhibitors from 11:00a-3:00p
- The SARSEF Innovators Hall, where attendees can explore student projects from the 2023 Fair
- SARSEF Science Mart for all of your STEM swag needs
- Innovators Hall where any student that has done research this year, teacher, or Fair judge can claim a gift
- Scavenger Hunt for families to explore the exhibitors and claim a prize upon completion
- Onstage live entertainment including three awards ceremonies for the Fair
- Sweet and savory Food Trucks from 11:00a-3:00p
- Plenty of room for outdoor seating on the grass in front of the amphitheater (bring your own blankets and chairs)
SARSEF was formed in 1955 in an effort to increase student interest in the field of science. The mission of SARSEF is to engage Arizona’s Pre-K-12 grade students in critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they participate in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) through inquiry-based learning and research.
SARSEF accomplishes this mission through a variety of programming including a high school mentoring program, the STAR Lab, SARSEF Fair Week, educational outreach programs with an emphasis on underrepresented populations in the sciences, teacher professional development, ACES Camp for Middle School girls, Racing the Sun, and Arizona STEM Adventure.
To learn more about SARSEF programs and how students, teachers, and families can get involved, visit sarsef.org
Yvonne Pysher, Director of Marketing and Communications