SARSEF 2020 Winners
Sign up for our Newsletter
Find a Project
- Support SARSEF for FREE using your Arizona State Tax Credit!
- Arizona STEM Adventure Gives Students Opportunity for Hands-On Science
- SARSEF Named as the New Host of the Arizona Regional Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
- SARSEF’s Virtual Science and Engineering Fair 2021: Update
- Mentors Play a Key Role in Supporting High School Students Preparing for the SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair
Applied Career Exploration in STEM (ACES) Camp for Girls is a 4-day summer camp for 50 middle school girls designed for them to explore a wide variety of careers, provide a path to potential success, and spark their interest in high education in the STEM fields. ACES stresses teamwork, use of technology, and hands-on learning, while giving students a feel for the college experience at a critical time in their lives.
ACES Camp for Girls sparks interest in high education through teamwork activities and hands-on learning. After running for over a decade, the program has had more than 300 participants. Some camp alumni are now Raytheon engineers, scientists, and interns. One is even a co-coordinator of the camp now! ACES focuses on the importance of math, science and careers in technical sciences and stresses that there are no careers that are only for men.