SARSEF 2020 Winners
Sign up for our Newsletter
Find a Project
- Support SARSEF for FREE using your Arizona State Tax Credit!
- Arizona STEM Adventure Gives Students Opportunity for Hands-On Science
- SARSEF Named as the New Host of the Arizona Regional Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
- SARSEF’s Virtual Science and Engineering Fair 2021: Update
- Mentors Play a Key Role in Supporting High School Students Preparing for the SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair
Racing the Sun
Racing the Sun (RTS) ©2020 is an exciting science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) program that challenges high school students to design, build, and race solar-powered go-karts. It is open to all Arizona high schools.
Working with teachers and mentors, students spend nine months preparing for Race Day. Along the way, they apply physics, engineering, and energy. They solve real-world problems, using mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills. Students are exposed to working in teams and collaborating on ideas. They are challenged to translate their ideas into a working prototype, and along the way, they build leadership skills
Want an overview? Check out this Handy Fact Sheet
Need to know dates? Schedule of Dates Updated 11-25
Official Rule Book: Competition Rules 2019-2020 FINAL
Ready to Participate? Email Brooke@sarsef.org
Want to volunteer on Test Day or Race Day? Email Danniey@sarsef.org
Is your team registered? You will need to fill out these forms and upload them under your RTS profile:
Presentations from 2019 Workshops Day:
Under Construction, keep an eye here. When ready, if you are already registered as a site user, please login to join a Racing the Sun team for this year. Otherwise, please register as a new user so you can join.
Login Register as New User
To support the success of this program, Donate Now