SARSEF Fair Winners 2019
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Find a Project
SARSEF Outreach to Teach Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Education and Outreach Program
Ready to Schedule for 2019-2020? Sign up here: https://sarsef.org/schools/free-educational-outreach/
Want to learn more about how to bring FREE programs to your school? Email Brooke Meyer, Director of Programs.
The SARSEF Outreach Program directly teaches critical thinking and problem solving through STEM research, impacting 36,000 students annually, focusing on underrepresented (minority and female) PreK-12 children each year.
SARSEF offers the following all free of charge to the schools, teachers, and families:
- professional development to teachers covering
- critical thinking using the scientific process and engineering design process
- integrating state standards in to hands-on research
- managing a research classroom
- in-class presentations for students Gr. PreK-12 on how to solve a real-world problem using science and engineering
- parent science nights where families learn how to support their students in STEM
Results showed a dramatic increase in the diversity of students who chose to participate in SARSEF. Over the past three years, there was a 43% INCREASE in female participation! Totals now are:
60% Title I schools in areas of poverty
98% stated participating increased their likelihood of choosing a college major and career
For the past three years, the average school Science and Math scores were higher than schools not involved with SARSEF.