SARSEF 2018 Winners
Find a Project
- SARSEF Board Response to Proposed State Science Standards
- Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
- Award and Project Pick-up Day – TODAY! 9-1
- Careers at SARSEF: New Position!
- Join us May 19th for “The Whole Brain Thinker”
SARSEF Outreach to Teach Critical Thinking
The SARSEF Outreach Program directly teaches critical thinking and problem solving through STEM research, impacting 56,000 underrepresented (minority and female) K-12 children each year. SARSEF offers the following (all free of charge to the schools, teachers, and families):
- professional development to teachers on critical thinking using the scientific process and engineering design process
- in-class presentations for students Gr. K-12
- and family science nights
Results showed a dramatic increase in the diversity of students who chose to participate in SARSEF. Over the past three years, there was a 43% INCREASE in female participation! Totals now are:
60% Title I schools in areas of poverty
98% stated participating increased their likelihood of choosing a college major and career
For the past three years, the average school Science and Math scores were higher than schools not involved with SARSEF.