SARSEF 2017 Winners
Find a Project
- You can still enter AzSEF!
- Project Registration is Now Open!
- Travel with Jane Goodall on her incredible journey this Saturday!
- FREE Play Celebrating Marie Curie!
- TEEN ASTRONOMY CAFÉS
SARSEF Outreach to Teach Critical Thinking
The SARSEF Outreach Program directly teaches critical thinking and problem solving through STEM research, impacting 56,000 underrepresented (minority and female) K-12 children each year. SARSEF offers the following (all free of charge to the schools, teachers, and families):
- professional development to teachers on critical thinking using the scientific process and engineering design process
- in-class presentations for students Gr. K-12
- and family science nights
Results showed a dramatic increase in the diversity of students who chose to participate in SARSEF. Over the past three years, there was a 43% INCREASE in female participation! Totals now are:
60% Title I schools in areas of poverty
98% stated participating increased their likelihood of choosing a college major and career
For the past three years, the average school Science and Math scores were higher than schools not involved with SARSEF.