Sign up for our Newsletter!
Important Fair Dates
- New! Our Grade-Appropriate Judging Criteria for 2019 Fair
- SARSEF Registration is OPEN!
- Project Registration is OPEN!
- SARSEF December News Flash!
- Attend Intel ISEF’s Education Outreach Day!
SARSEF 2018 Winners
Find a Project
SARSEF Outreach to Teach Critical Thinking
Email Brooke Meyer, Director of Programs, to learn more about how to bring FREE programs to your school!
The SARSEF Outreach Program directly teaches critical thinking and problem solving through STEM research, impacting 56,000 underrepresented (minority and female) K-12 children each year. SARSEF offers the following (all free of charge to the schools, teachers, and families):
- professional development to teachers on critical thinking using the scientific process and engineering design process
- in-class presentations for students Gr. K-12
- and family science nights
Results showed a dramatic increase in the diversity of students who chose to participate in SARSEF. Over the past three years, there was a 43% INCREASE in female participation! Totals now are:
60% Title I schools in areas of poverty
98% stated participating increased their likelihood of choosing a college major and career
For the past three years, the average school Science and Math scores were higher than schools not involved with SARSEF.