2022 SARSEF Regional Science and Engineering Fair to hold Community STEM Expo Outdoors at Reid Park
On March 5th, from 9:00a-4:30p, SARSEF will host a Community STEM Expo in conjunction with the Awards Ceremonies for the 67th Annual Regional Science and Engineering Fair. All Southern Arizona families are invited to attend. They will engage in hands-on science, mingle with professional scientists and engineers, and celebrate the research conducted by thousands of Arizona students this school year!
This year’s Community STEM Expo is modeled after the “Future Innovators Night” of years past. This beloved event could not be held in 2020 or 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While not feasible to return to a fully in-person Fair Week in 2022, we have maintained virtual project judging and student interviews, but reimagined Future Innovators Night in an outdoor venue, allowing for increased safety and physical distancing. Paired with the Fair Awards Ceremonies, this event has become a celebration of current and future innovators to the fullest degree.
Join us on March 5th at the Georges DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center in Reid Park for a day of family STEM fun and festivities!
What You Can Expect
- Dozens of hands-on STEM activities from exhibitors from 9:00a-3:00p
- The SARSEF Innovators Hall, where attendees can explore student projects from the 2022 Fair
- SARSEF Science Mart for all of your STEM swag needs
- Town Hall where any student that has done research this year, teacher, or Fair judge can claim a gift
- Scavenger Hunt for families to explore the exhibitors and claim a prize upon completion
- Onstage live entertainment including three awards ceremonies for the Fair
- Sweet and savory Food Trucks from 11:00a-3:00p
- Plenty of room for outdoor seating on the grass in front of the amphitheater (bring your own blankets and chairs)
- 9:00a-3:00p STEM exhibitor booths open
- 10:00a-11:00a Elementary Grand Awards Ceremony
- 11:15a Stories That Soar
- 12:00p-1:30p Sponsored Awards Ceremony (all grades)
- 2:00p Mariachi Salvajes
- 3:00p-4:30p Middle and High School Grand Awards Ceremony
- 11:00a-3:00p Food trucks open
Note on COVID-19: We are aware of the continued spread of COVID-19. We have chosen to hold this event outside in the open air to mitigate the spread of infection and allow plenty of room for physical distancing. We highly encouraged all attendees to be fully vaccinated whenever possible. Masks are highly encouraged at this event and required inside the Innovators Hall tent. We will continue to monitor Pima County infection rates and will update our plans for this event accordingly.