SARSEF Regional Science and Engineering Fair
Fair Week: March 4 – March 9, 2024
Every year, PreK-12th grade students from across Southern Arizona participate in a SARSEF-affiliated fair, conducting research projects to be considered as a representative of their school at the SARSEF Regional Fair, a week-long competition and celebration of their achievements.
Around 2,000 projects compete at the SARSEF Regional Fair, and over $100,000 in prizes, trips, and scholarships are awarded, thanks to community support. Top high school students move on to international levels of competition.
SARSEF Fair project registration is now open!
How it works
- Schools determine their level of participation
- Schools may sign up for free educational outreach
- Participants choose a type of project
Before the SARSEF Regional Fair
- Participating schools hold their own science fair
- Projects are selected for the SARSEF Regional Fair
- Projects are registered for the SARSEF Regional Fair
SARSEF Regional Fair Week
- Students are celebrated at Opening Ceremonies
- Projects are evaluated on Judging Days
- Awards Ceremonies are held
Benefits of participation
Creating a research project and participating in the SARSEF Regional Science and Engineering Fair yields many valuable benefits to teachers, schools, students, and parents.
To teachers and schools
- Excellent PR for your school
- Meets the Arizona state science standards
- Free programs and professional development to support your efforts
- Develops critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Unlocks opportunities networking with STEM professionals
- Tons of scholarships and prizes
- Develops your child’s project management and presentation skills
- Inspires your child’s curiosity
- Creates opportunity for more involvement in your child’s education