Find a Project
- SARSEF Open House – March 2nd
- Show your love for SARSEF at the Bookfair February 11th!
- Project Registration Now Open!
- Middle and High School Teachers- Exploring Radioactivity Workshop!
- You are invited to Party with a Purpose!
Welcome to the website of the 62nd annual Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Fair! The four-day event showcases student researchers’ projects covering scientific, environmental, medical and engineering topics in a professional, competitive environment.
This website will help teachers, schools and administrators learn how to prepare for, and guide students through the entry, research and visual presentation phases of our program.
SARSEF is open to science projects from students in kindergarten through Grade 12. Each year, about 90,000 students in Southern Arizona compete for a chance to display their research results at the fair — which will be held March 29- April 1, 2017 at the Tucson Convention Center.
Past projects have studied:
- the effects of carbonated soda on teeth
- the antibacterial properties of Sonoran Desert plants
- the accuracy of computer simulations using flight test data
- a study of submarine design and its relationship to fluid dynamics efficiency
- the relationship between our changing environment and endangered species
- the effects of auditory memory in students with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder
- a survey of microbes in the gastrointestinal tracts of three species of Phrynosoma (horned lizard)
One day, a SARSEF student may find the cure for cancer, solve the problem of climate change, discover a new approach to renewable energy sources, or make a startling advance in technology.
Let us help you become a part of it all. Click on the tabs to find helpful hints and resources to help students complete research projects that might one day change world!