SARSEF 2020 Winners
Sign up for our Newsletter
Find a Project
Welcome! Please take a few moments to explore the Programs that SARSEF offers to schools – all free of charge! Each teaches critical thinking in a new way, and with a different focus. Find the one that is right for your school! https://sarsef.org/programs/
A Word About Science Research…
SARSEF is probably best known for its annual Science and Engineering Fair. The four-day event showcases student researchers’ projects covering scientific, environmental, medical and engineering topics in a professional, competitive environment.
The links on the left will help teachers, schools and administrators learn how to prepare for, and guide students through the entry, research and visual presentation phases of our program.
SARSEF is open to science projects from students in kindergarten through Grade 12. Each year, about 95,000 students in Southern Arizona compete for a chance to display their research results at the fair — which will be held March 11-14, 2020 at the Tucson Convention Center.
Past projects have studied:
- the effects of carbonated soda on teeth
- the antibacterial properties of Sonoran Desert plants
- the accuracy of computer simulations using flight test data
- a study of submarine design and its relationship to fluid dynamics efficiency
- the relationship between our changing environment and endangered species
- the effects of auditory memory in students with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder
- a survey of microbes in the gastrointestinal tracts of three species of Phrynosoma (horned lizard)
One day, a SARSEF student may find the cure for cancer, solve the problem of climate change, discover a new approach to renewable energy sources, or make a startling advance in technology.
Let us help you become a part of it all. Click on the tabs to find helpful hints and resources to help students complete research projects that might one day change world!