Find a Project
- SARSEF Open House – March 2nd
- Show your love for SARSEF at the Bookfair February 11th!
- Project Registration Now Open!
- Middle and High School Teachers- Exploring Radioactivity Workshop!
- You are invited to Party with a Purpose!
NOTE: THERE ARE SOME MAJOR CHANGES IN THE DAYS OF THE WEEK THAT THINGS HAPPEN THIS YEAR!
We know you don’t want to miss a thing as you help your students get ready for the Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering
Fair. Below are important dates for registration, SARSEF attendance.
January 15, 2017, NOON
Online registration opens
- Online Registration for the Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Fair (SARSEF) is only available online. Here is a sample registration form that may help you gather all the information you will need ahead of time
- Sample Registration for SARSEF
- Submit $10 per project either online, or mail a check with your school’s name on it in the Note section (which must be received by March 28) to: SARSEF Office / 3247 N. Christmas Ave. / Tucson AZ 85716
March 10, 2017, Monday
Online registration closes
- IMPORTANT: You must enter all project and student information online by noon. The system will be closed to any further registrations after this time.
- Sorry, no purchase orders can be accepted. If you require an invoice, please email a request in advance of the deadline.
By March 27, 2017, Monday
Download and print Check-in Forms by today
- Access will be available before this date.
- If you have not received access to your forms before this date, please contact us.
- Bringing the Check-In Form with you will speed up the registration process at the Tucson Convention Center. However, if a project was registered, participants may still come to the the TCC even without this form.
March 28, 2017, Tuesday
Payment for registration due ($10 per project)
- Schools/parents must ensure that their payment for all projects is received at the SARSEF Office by this date.
- Payment may be made online.
- Purchase orders are not accepted.
March 29, 2017, Wednesday
Project set-up day
- Noon-8 p.m.: Take your completed Check-In Form, project boards and all notebooks to the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave.
- If you did not receive a Check-in Form, you should still go to the TCC to register at the HUB. You may need to wait while we print out your form.
March 30, 2017, Thursday
Only students and judges will be allowed in the Tucson Convention Center Exhibition Hall. No visitors, adults or members of the public will be admitted on the Exhibition Hall floor.
Times are subject to change- check back soon!
- 11:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Judging for middle school (Grades 6-8) research projects. Middle school students are strongly encouraged to attend the interview sessions. (Note: While interviews are optional for consideration for all other awards, eighth-grade students hoping to be considered for the ISEF 8th Grade Observer Award must be present during the interviews. This is the highly coveted prize which enables three students and parents to travel to the Intel International Science Engineering Fair .)
- 1-4 p.m.: Judging for high school (Grades 9-12) research projects. High school students must be present during the interview session. (Students may want to practice their interviewing skills, since this is important for being selected for the ISEF Finalist Award, which enables students to participate in the Intel International Science Engineering Fair — and to compete for competitive scholarships, tuition grants, internships and scientific field trips.)
March 31, 2017, Friday
Public Viewing and Cox Communications Future Innovators Night – Open House, Everyone Invited!
- After 10 a.m.: IMPORTANT: Check this website to learn if you (or your research team) have been invited to attend the Saturday awards ceremonies.
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m.: The fair is open to the general public. Entry and parking at the Tucson Convention Center are free of charge for the fair. Entry and parking at the Tucson Convention Center are free of charge for the fair.
- 5:30-8 p.m.: “Future Innovators Night” Open House. Families and all students (whether they advanced to SARSEF competition or not) are welcomed to join in. Local science organizations will celebrate science with hands-on demonstrations and fun events. Entry and parking at the Tucson Convention Center are free of charge for the fair.
- 8 p.m.-10 p.m.: Projects may be picked up
April 1, 2017, Saturday
Awards and Project Removal
- 8 a.m.-9 p.m.: Projects may be picked up
- 1 p.m.: Elementary School Awards Ceremony (Grades kindergarten-5) at the TCC.
- 7 p.m.: Middle School Awards Ceremony (Grades 6-8) and High School Awards Ceremony (Grades 9-12) at the TCC
- IMPORTANT: Projects must be removed by 9:00pm.