SARSEF 2020 Winners
Sign up for our Newsletter
Find a Project
- ACES Camp Goes Virtual to Connect Middle School Girls to Science and Engineering
- Wonder Program Session Two – The Results!
- Parents and Caregivers: Ignite Curiosity in Science and Engineering through SARSEF’s Virtual Workshop
- Join us in celebrating ISEF Finalists from Southern Arizona!
- Citizen Scientists – We Need You To Collect Data!
Free SARSEF Programs
Does your school need help getting started? Do You want to take your students’ research to the next level?
SARSEF can help.
SARSEF will come to your school to teach your students how to solve a real-world problem using the Scientific Method and Engineering Design Process, and become excited about doing a research project.
By the time we leave, you won’t have to do any convincing! Together, we can make Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fun for YOU and your students.
Your teachers will see how teaching students to do high quality STEM research will not only fulfill the Next Generation Science Standards, but provide the content you need for your science curriculum this year.
- We can help teachers provide opportunities for problem solving and critical thinking, as well as provide the content for all levels — kindergarten through high school STEM. We will help your teachers create a class that has active participation and high student engagement, which are the essentials of an effective instruction.
- We will help students explore any area of science they are interested in while applying the required skills, rather than focusing on just one preselected area.
Sign up for these presentations for your school:
- Classroom, grade level or whole school assemblies
- Professional development for your faculty
- Science parent night to teach parents how they can help
Start your students off with the basic practices of science and engineering. Additional programs focus on critical thinking and problems solving, while others focus on data collection and interpretation. During presentations students are encouraged to choose projects that make a difference in their community whether it be their home, school, or neighborhood. Programs are available for students from Kindergarten through High School. Programs last a minimum of 45 minutes to 1 hour. Group size can be single classroom to multiple-grade level assemblies.
What do your parents do when their child comes home and tells them that a science or engineering project is required this school year? They ask the school for help. SARSEF can provide your parents with an informative presentation. These are usually held in the evenings and last 1 hour. The basics of completing projects is broken down into manageable steps. These also can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the school.
New this year: Roadmap to a Rockin’ Project – SARSEF comes to your school for an evening (or Saturday) to help students and parents develop project ideas. Students and parents work together to come up with an idea and are guided in determining their first steps. Students leave ready to start with their idea, a notebook/journal and project board. Supported by a grant from Angel Charities this is a FREE program. Limited availability – schedule now!
SARSEF has designed several different programs for teachers as they guide their students in becoming active critical thinkers and problem-solvers through science and engineering. Teachers refresh on incorporating science and engineering into all areas of the curriculum and actively engaging students in hands-on, brains-on science and engineering exploration. In a single 1-hour professional development program teachers take the plunge into guiding their students in successful science and engineering research practices. Other professional development programs provide more intensive strategies and activities and can be scheduled for up to 4 different sessions.
Schedule SARSEF to meet with your leadership team to get the school started with science and engineering projects. We help plan, organize and guide the school in setting up in a way that reflects the needs and philosophy of your school. SARSEF does NOT believe in a “one and done” system of supporting schools, nor do we believe in bringing a “packaged program” to your school. You take the lead and we help meet your needs. Let us sit down with your leadership team/administration and help you to get the ball rolling!