SARSEF 2020 Winners
Sign up for our Newsletter
Find a Project
SARSEF Fair Important Dates
We know you don’t want to miss a thing as you help your students get ready for the four-day SARSEF Science and Engineering Fair.
Write to email@example.com or call (520) 273-8259 with questions
Below are important dates for registration, SARSEF Fair attendance.
January 6, 2020, Monday, NOON
Online registration opens
- Online Registration for the SARSEF Fair is only available online. https://sarsef.org/schools/teachers/your-class-participation/
- Sample Registration for SARSEF 2020
- Submit $10 per project either online, or mail a check with your school’s name on it in the Note section to: SARSEF Office / 4574 E. Broadway Blvd. / Tucson AZ 85711
February 26, 2020, Wednesday
Online registration closes
- IMPORTANT: You must enter all project and student information online by midnight. The system will be closed to any further registrations after this time.
- Sorry, no purchase orders can be accepted. If you require an invoice, please email a request in advance of the deadline.
March 2, 2020, Monday
Download and print Check-in Forms
- FAST Check-in forms will be available on-line
- Send forms home with students so that parents can review spelling and typos can be corrected by March 5th.
- Bringing the Check-In Form with you will speed up the registration process at the Tucson Convention Center. However, if a project was registered, participants may still come to the TCC even without this form.
March 10, 2020, Tuesday
Payment for registration due ($10 per project)
- Schools/parents must ensure that their payment for all projects is received at the SARSEF Office by this date.
- Payment may be made online.
- Purchase orders are not accepted.
March 11, 2020, Wednesday
Project set-up day
**Project set-up for all grade levels will proceed as scheduled. We recommend one representative per school come to set up projects.**
- 10 a.m.-8 p.m.: Take your completed Check-In Form, project boards and all notebooks to the Exhibit Halls at the Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave.
- If you did not receive a Check-in Form, you should still go to the TCC to register at the HUB. You may need to wait while we print out your form.
March 12, 2020, Thursday
Judging day – Judging occurs in Teams throughout the day (Judges: please see Judging sign-up for specific times for each level)
Only students and judges will be allowed in the Tucson Convention Center Exhibition Hall. No visitors, adults or members of the public will be admitted on the Exhibition Hall floor.
Judging occurs throughout the day without students present, however, the student Interview times are as follows:
- 10 a.m.-11:30a.m.: Middle School Interviews – Cancelled
- 12:30p.m.-3p.m.: Student interview judging for high school (Grades 9-12) research projects. High school students may be present during the interview session, or available by phone. (Students may want to practice their interviewing skills, since this is important for being selected for the ISEF Finalist Award, which enables students to participate in the Intel International Science Engineering Fair — and to compete for competitive scholarships, tuition grants, internships and scientific field trips.) Instructions for remote interviewing have been emailed to high school finalists, teachers and fair directors.
March 13, 2020, Friday
Future Innovators Night and the Science Soiree are Cancelled.
- After 10 a.m.: IMPORTANT: Check this website to learn if you (or your research team) will be featured in the Saturday awards ceremonies online.
- 7 a.m.-7 p.m.: Projects may be picked up after being checked out. We recommend one representative per school come to pick up projects.
March 14, 2020, Saturday
- 8 a.m.-5:00 p.m.: Project Pick-up – IMPORTANT! We recommend one representative per school come to pick up projects.
ONLINE Award Ceremonies
- Online Time TBA.: Elementary School Awards Ceremony (Grades Pre-Kindergarten-5) will be available on the SARSEF YouTube Channel.
- Online Time TBA.: Middle School (Grades 6-8) and High School Awards Ceremony (Grades 9-12) will be available on the SARSEF YouTube Channel.
- We will ensure all winners receive their trophies in the weeks following the fair. More details to come on how we will distribute them.
Award and Project Pick-Up
To keep our community safe, SARSEF will not be distributing awards and projects until schools re-open. Thank you for your understanding! SARSEF DID collect ALL projects that were left at the convention center, and they will be available when schools re-open.
Save The Date!
SARSEF Fair 2021: March 3rd – 6th 2021