Find a Project
- SARSEF Open House – March 2nd
- Show your love for SARSEF at the Bookfair February 11th!
- Project Registration Now Open!
- Middle and High School Teachers- Exploring Radioactivity Workshop!
- You are invited to Party with a Purpose!
What You Can Win
What Can A Middle School Student Win?
Last year, SARSEF awarded 725 prizes — and this year, there will be even more!
Here is what YOU could win…
- An all-expense-paid trip to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). Three middle school projects and a parent will be selected attend ISEF in May of the year you compete.
- Cash prizes ranging from $25 to $500 for 650 of the first, second and third place middle-school winners
- Award Items such as Apple iPods, Amazon Kindle e-readers, books, sculptures, pieces of meteorites, scientific calculators, gift cards, special camps, microscopes and group memberships
- Trophies, plaques, certificates, medals or ribbons
- Speaking engagements and luncheons with various organizations
- Media exposure via TV, newspaper, magazine or radio interviews
- Opportunities to enter many other competitions and win more awards and trips with the same project entered at SARSEF
High school students can also win scholarships. Last year, 14 students were awarded college scholarships — six to the University of Arizona, and eight to the college of their choice.
One student won $263,000 in college scholarships and prizes plus four trips to the International Fair in Washington, D.C., She also traveled to China because of her science projects. Two other students worked on the Mars Rover Mission. Others attend Harvard Medical School and Stanford University because of their projects.
It ALL begins with the first step: Entering SARSEF and creating science research project at your own school.
What specific areas of science were recognized last year by organizations awarding a prize?
- American Chemical Society’s Women Chemists Committee
- American Meteorological Society
- American Psychological Association
- American Society for Quality
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Arizona Hydrologic Society
- Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum
- ASM International Foundation
- Association for Women Geoscientists
- AzRISE (Arizona Research Institute for Solar Energy)
- Broadcom MASTERS and trip to Washington, D.C.
- Catalina Rotary Club
- Cox Communications
- Ella Dresher Memorial Scholarship
- Friends of Animals
- Genius Olympiad
- Global Solar Energy
- Governor’s Young Innovators Competition
- Intel Excellence in Computer Science
- International Dark Sky Association
- Southern Arizona International Wildlife Museum
- Jim Click Automotive
- Johnson Award of Excellence
- Iota Sigma Pi (National Honor Society of Women in Chemistry)
- International Sustainable World Energy, Engineering Environment “Project Olympiad”
- Lazy S Ranch
- Animal Science Award
- Little Chapel of All Nations
- Metro Water District
- Mini Time Machine
- Mu Alpha Theta (National High School and Two-Year College Mathematics Honor Society)
- Music and Engineering Association
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAH)
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Phi Beta Kappa Association Math Award
- Physics Factory
- Pima County Medical Foundation
- Pima County Wastewater Management
- Planetary Science Institute
- Reid Park Zoological Society
- RICOH Group Environmental Sustainability
- Rosemont Copper
- Saguaro National Park Service
- Southern Arizona Environmental Management Society
- Southern Arizona Psychological Association
- Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Health Care System
- Southwest Gas Stockholm Water Prize
- Southwest Association for Education in Biomedical Research
- Texas Instruments
- Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association
- Tucson Cactus & Succulent Society
- Tucson Electric Power (TEP)
- Tucson Gem and Mineral Society
- University of Arizona
- UA Biosphere 2
- United States Metric Association
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- United States Navy & Marine Corps
- USS Tucson Submarine 770Club
- University of Arizona VIPER (Venom Immunochemistry, Pharmacology and Emergency Response) Institute
- Women in Science & Engineering
And MANY other individual and family donors!